WAAW Foundation Global Youth Scholars Program (GYSP)
Global Youth – Global Network – Exploring Authentic African Experience
The WAAW Foundation Global Youth Scholars Program (GYSP) provides an authentic African experience and an academic enrichment program for outstanding high school and early college students from over 130 countries around the world including Africa. Each summer, students of 13 – 19 years arrive in Nigeria and Kenya to explore Africa and to participate in the 10-days Social Entrepreneurship, Leadership and STEM programs at the WAAW Foundation’s campuses. It is an invigorating, mind-blowing program that gives students to explore the Africa culture while developing innovative, entrepreneurship, and leadership skills.
Review the GYSP eligibility criteria.
Click APPLY NOW to start your GYSP application
Pay the $30 non-refundable application fee
Check your inbox for GYSP successful submission of the application
Pay the tuition fee according to your country
Complete supplemental forms and visa application
- Must be at least 13 – 19 years old by the slated start date.
- Should be fluent in English language (Writing, Speaking, and Reading).
- Should be currently enrolled in high school or early college students.
- All countries from around the world including all African countries are eligible to apply.
- Available to travel by July 2021
Note: The above eligibility criteria are in compliance with legal restrictions for running a summer program for minors, and no exceptions can be made.
Non- refundable registration fee: $30
- African Countries: $2,000
- Non-African Countries: $2,500
Cohort 1 -Abuja, Nigeria
4th July – 14th July 2021
Cohort 2 -Nairobi, Kenya
25 July – 4th August 2021
Preparing students and workforce young leaders in Africa and globally with the ability to apply critical thinking, creativity, and innovation to create applications that can be commercialized to create jobs is indeed a great need for all countries globally. Our participants will explore how science has evolved in Africa and where it can be applied and explored in a wide variety of scientific fields such as physics, technology, space science, biochemistry, astronomy, engineering psychology, and earth science, etc. STEAM education is about learning by doing!
It will be an innovative way of making learning fun and engaging through hands-on-practicals experiments that connect to real-life situations through the application of science, technology, engineering, Art, and mathematics by our participants. Seminars will include diverse topics such as:
- The impact of STEAM education in developing countries.
- Programming and software solutions for the development of African countries
- What areas do you think Africa needs to explore more in terms of Science and Technology etc?
Visa and ESTA Information
Participants traveling from outside Nigeria are responsible for securing the appropriate travel documents to travel for the duration of the program.