03 Sep WAAW Foundation STEM Scholarships for Female Students 2019/2020
The WAAW Foundation’s annual scholarship initiative is aimed at supporting need base African female STEM-focused college education.
WAAW Foundation scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate need and prove their status as full-time students in a STEM-related course in an African university. Recipients will be required to start a stem outreach chapter at their university
- Open to female students of African origin, living and studying In Africa
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate B.S degree program
- Studying STEM-related courses in a university or college in Africa.
- Demonstrate financial need, and
- Excellent academic record
- Below the age of 32 years
Your application will include the following
- The application form filled out completely. We will only accept online applications this year. NO PAPER APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Personal and contact information
- Educational background and family information
- A statement of need should describe why scholarship funds are needed and what the funds will be used for if received.
- Essays are strong criteria in determining candidates who are shortlisted.
Responses to essay questions that address career goals and how you expect the WAAW scholarship will assist in your education. Please have your essay responses ready before you begin your application.
- In 500 words or less, please write an essay on your future career goals and how you expect the waaw foundation scholarship will assist in fulfilling those goals
- In 300 words or less, please describe what you believe about female education Africa and its impact on research, development or achievement in African economies
- Describe in ten or fewer sentences why you need a scholarship. Tell us about your need or personal/family/financial situation and how the funds from the WAAW scholarship will assist your education and/or career plans.
- Two academic/professional references.
Note: Recommendations transcripts ARE NOT REQUIRED AT THIS TIME only after candidates have been shortlisted. However, you must provide the names of 2 references in your application
Submitting your Application
Please complete all sections of the application form and submit all required materials to WAAW foundation on or before November 15, 2019.
For further information or inquiries please email: