WAAW Foundation offers international internships to outstanding WAAW College Chapter fellows in partnership with AIESEC and hosts companies in the United States from 8-12 weeks. The international Internship provides WAAW College Chapter fellows with practical work experience that enhances their personal and professional development. Interns are provided with a practical experience that impacts their future career and contributes towards key global issues across a variety of fields in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. It is a great way to gain the needed work experience, boost your resume and fulfill your goals while contributing to key global issues across a variety of fields.
This internship provides WAAW fellows the opportunity to explore real-world scenarios and solve practical problems in our society. It is specifically geared towards developing teamwork and leadership skills, our internships do not only give students real-world field experience but will also equip them with both soft and hard skills, including leadership and intercultural fluency.
Our internship includes:
- Visa invitation letters for the exchange program
- All necessary field training and materials.
- One-on-one staff mentorship sessions
- A professional recommendation on completion of the internship.
- After a successful internship, qualifying candidates may receive the opportunity for ongoing collaboration.
Our internship programs can be in any of these fields.
- Computer science.
- Laboratory Technology
- Health Research
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
WAAW Foundation International internship requires:
- Applicant must be Interested in health research, biochemical, Microbiology or pharmaceutical studies
- Applicant must be studying any health research, pharmaceutical or medical course
- Applicant must be a WAAW college scholar or fellows
- They must have been active in their Chapters for at least 2 years
- Most currently be a 1st, 2nd or 3rd-year student studying at any WAAW chapter in Africa
- They must possess a high CGPA of at least 3.5 out of 5.0
- They must be between the ages of 18 to 27 years.
- They must have a valid passport of their country.
- They must commit to returning to their home countries to give back to their communities with the skills gained.
- Professional experience in education, education policy, community/campaign organizing, and/or advocacy
- Available to travel
- Good English written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills. Ability to critically assess challenges and identify effective solutions.
- Flexible, optimistic approach; committed to overcoming challenges.
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity. Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet.
- High energy, passion, and commitment to WAAW’s mission and vision.
ENGAGEMENT WITH HOST COMPANIES
WAAW Foundation in partnership with AIESEC offers international internship opportunities to WAAW College female fellows for 8-12 weeks. The interns gain real-life practical training and orientation, staff mentorship, and unforgettable life-changing experiences.
- Accommodation and Hosting
- Support materials
- Living Stipend.
NOTE: Interns must cover the cost of their passport and Visa applications.
INTERNSHIP START DATE
- May/June 2019
- 8-12 weeks
The application process requires:
- Interested candidates should download and read through the internship requirement and job description
- Interested candidates to complete the online application form.
- Applicants are assessed based on their records of active engagement in their STEM chapters and high academic performance.
- Internships in host companies are offered in line with the intern’s course of study.
- Applicants are interviewed for the next stage by both WAAW Foundation and the host company.
- Then successful applicants receive an invitation letter and begin the visa application process.
- For more information, follow this link; https://waawfoundation.org/internship-open/