24 Aug 2014 WAAW Foundation Scholarship Now Open!
WAAW Foundation has started accepting 2014 scholarship applications. Applications will close November 30th 2013!
Every year WAAW Foundation offers $500 in scholarship to qualifying girls in STEM Education at the University level. Since inception, 9 girls have benefited from the scholarship: 4 from Kenya, 2 from Nigeria, 1 from Uganda, 1 from Malawi and 1 from Cameroon. These girls were able to demonstrate need for the scholarship and also provided proof of current University and course of study.
WAAW foundation’s annual scholarship initiative is aimed at supporting need based African female STEM-focused college education. Criteria for eligibility includes:
(a) Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa. (b) Currently enrolled in undergraduate degree program. (c) Studying STEM related courses in a University or college in Africa. (d) Demonstrable financial need, and (e) Excellent Academic Record. (f) Below the age of 32 years.
WAAW Foundation awards annual scholarships to students who demonstrate need and prove their status as full time students in a STEM related course in an African University. Recipients will become WAAW Ambassadors in their respective communities.
How to Apply
Your application will include the following:
- Application form filled out completely. We will buy modafinil canada only accept online applications this year.
- Personal and Contact Information.
- Educational Information
- Responses to essay questions that address career goals. and how you expect the WAAW scholarship will assist in your education.
- Two academic/professional references. Note recommendations and transcripts ARE NOT REQUIRED AT THIS TIME. ONLY after a candidate has been shortlisted.
Submitting your application
Please complete all sections of the application form and submit all required materials to WAAW foundation by the deadline. Application may be completed online. Click Here to Begin your application.
For further information or inquiries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY Shortlisted candidates will be required to send the following additional items in order to complete this process.
- 2 references; one MUST be written by a professor from your institution of study and the other from an academic supervisor/advisor or mentor. Reference forms should be downloaded from https://www.waawfoundation.org/scholarship/2011_ScholarshipReferenceLetter.pdf and emailed to
- A copy of a current signed and sealed transcript from your University to be mailed to: WAAW Foundation Scholarship Committee P.O. Box 1691, Wylie. Texas 75098. *Scanned copies of transcripts may be emailed prior to originals arriving.
- A copy of the student’s School identity card must be scanned and emailed to us.
For more information, visit https://www.waawfoundation.org/scholarships/