This internship position will provide you with substantial experience in nonprofit development and management, grant writing, projects planning, researching donor prospects, solicitation strategizing, in addition to gaining valuable office experience. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide support during special events.
- Provide contextual information of the event/program
- Participate in key campaign/fundraising events, and occasionally represent organization at outreach events;
- Participate in organizational building activities.
- Help design invitations and event promotion
- Research and develop events in new fundraising markets
Administration and Program Management
- Work closely with WAAW staff to assist in administrative work and program management.
- Bring new and effective strategies and ideas for implementation of STEM projects.
- Provide support in sending mailings and invitations
- Help provide current donors and members with information requests.
- Help with maintaining database records.
- Assist with visits and/or arranging meetings with persons responsible for or in a position to refer clients, this includes private, government/public and non-profit organizations
- Help manage online databases and create systems for shared online resources
Training & Curriculum development
- Assist in providing STEM training for secondary school girls.
- Assist in developing STEM training curriculum and schedule
Marketing & Business development
- Assist with advertising and marketing promotional activities including social media, mobile, mail, e-mail, web, telemarketing, and print.
- Assist in building and presenting social media strategy.
- Assist with search engine optimization strategies.
- Track social media analytics using HootSuite and other software, and report results and new ideas to our marketing team
- Relationship building with our online community by maintaining Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other media accounts.
- Develop and design marketing materials, and organize existing materials
- Draft content for blogs, website, and social media.
- Conduct research on markets and competition; identifying target audience, donors, market opportunities, and clients to pursue
- Coordinating proposal development; and updating marketing plans.
- Assist with business development per blueprint and marketing strategy
- Assist with customizing and then disseminating press releases.
- Research new foundations to apply for funding
- Conduct external research on WAAWs key program priorities to use in writing proposals
- Help with editing of proposals and reports
- Help in writing minor proposals and reports
- Grant writing
- Help in researching potential donors
- Help in conducting in depth researching into new fundraising markets
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Undergraduate student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Engineering majors and computer science
- Committed to the mission and vision of WAAW foundation.
- In-depth knowledge of STEM Education and Policies (Secondary or University)
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with strong attention to detail, ability to understand complex ideas and committed to overcoming challenges
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (including presentations and negotiation) with proven excellent grant writing skills
- Self-motivated, extremely pushful, driven, go-getter, optimistic with a lot of initiative and creativity as a persistent problem solver, continually demonstrating poise, tact, diplomacy, and good judgment. Humility and servant-leadership focus
- Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive situations and confidential information.
- Outgoing personality with strong networking skills, professional mannerisms, appearance, and executive presence.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; Tech savvy and able to develop and manage CRM tools and databases.
- Good organizational skills, self-motivated, attention to detail, and the ability to juggle several tasks while meeting deadlines;
This role will be located in our Lagos office at Isolo. Interns will be provided stipend and transportation.