WAAW SOFTWARE DEVELOPER’S JOB DESCRIPTION
This position is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of WAAW software development strategies, managing software development projects and trainings. It also includes assisting with partnership engagements and promotional activities for the software development department.
- Design and develop new and modified features of software applications and Mobile Applications as required.
- Participate in every aspect of the development and implementation, working with the business analyst to ensure full correlation of the developed product to the current business processes.
- Develop and communicate technical design or specification issues to business analyst/project manager and application development director, and work within a given time frame to complete coding.
- Review current systems in software development and presenting ideas for system improvements.
- Testing the product in controlled, real situations before launching.
- Maintain the systems once they are up and running.
- Assist in identifying new potential partners and engage with clients.
- Train and serve as consultants for other companies/organizations.
- Recruit and train our She Hacks Africa Boot-camp Participants and other programming-related trainings and take participants through series of hands-on entrepreneurship courses that empowers our them to become Techpreneurs
- Prepare training manuals for users and develop approved software development materials to resonate with software development initiatives.
- Participate and assist in major WAAW events, demonstrations and presentations as necessary.
- Work closely with the WAAW Foundation team to obtain set objectives.
REQUIRED FUNCTIONAL/TECHNICAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Database Developer –MYSQL, PHP, Python.
- Code integration tools like GitHub and software testing and debugging tools
- Network, operating systems and Internet technologies
- Reporting and Analysis Services using Ms Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google drive.
- Communication and Pedagogy skills
- Minimum of First degree from a well recognized institution. Advanced degree is a huge plus.
- Proven excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Keen interest in coding and software development management
- Committed to the mission and vision of WAAW foundation.
- Knowledge of STEM and Computer Science Education and Policies (Secondary or University)
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to understand complex ideas and committed to overcoming challenges.
- Independent thinking and ability to work remotely.
- Self-motivated, extremely goal-oriented, purpose-driven, go-getter, optimistic with a lot of initiative and creativity as a persistent problem solver, continually demonstrating poise, tact, diplomacy, and good judgment.
- Humility and servant-leadership focus
- Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive situations and confidential information.
- Outgoing personality with strong networking skills, professional mannerisms, appearance, and executive presence.
- Proficiency with Google tools and Microsoft Office Suite; Tech savvy and able to develop and manage software development tools and databases.
- Good organizational skills, self-motivated, attention to detail, and the ability to juggle several tasks while meeting deadlines
- Proven experience of identifying opportunities, planning new activities and managing change
- Experience of building relationships within the team and across the organization’s functions to support the delivery of departmental plans and objectives
- Ability to research and make a business case for the introduction of new software products with projected income and expenditure.
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills and the ability to set up, manage and complete projects within time and cost constraints
This position is opened at WAAW foundation’s Lagos,Nigeria office.
HOW TO APPLY:
Follow this link to apply https://waawfoundation.wufoo.com/forms/waaw-hr-open-position-application-form/