This position is responsible for planning, development and implementation of WAAW marketing strategies, communications and public relations activities. It includes driving marketing activities and recruitment of new donors and partners. It also includes managing the WAAW’s web and social media sites, and guiding program promotion and outreach efforts.
Marketing, Fundraising and Public Relations
- Act as WAAW’s representative with the media.
- Assist with identifying new potential partners and growing WAAW database.
- Seek out, explore and develop opportunities to raise awareness of WAAW’s work, ensuring total quality and consistency of message through the efficient use of communications, good public relations and effective use of the media.
- Assist with organizing and creating an environment for successful fundraising activities and ensure the timely and effective marketing of all event fundraising activities to maximize participation using a variety of channels.
- Assist with marketing research
- Promote WAAW programs and services through public relations initiatives.
- Recruit participants for all WAAW training programs
- Develop marketing communications campaigns and be responsible for developing media, website and online strategies to increase public awareness of WAAW
- Develop approved marketing materials to resonate with marketing initiatives.
- Devise and manage journalist or media correspondents’ database.
- Work with the Program Director to write, proofread and liaise on the design and production of all marketing communication material both on and off-line.
- Participate and assist in major WAAW events, demonstrations and presentations as necessary.
- Contribute to website redesign project in various ways
- Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and social networks
- Online outreach and promotion using Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more
- Website and social media optimization
- Keyword analysis
- Cost/benefit analysis
- Produce approved content for placement in monthly newsletters, websites, and social media.
- Assist with streamlining WAAW social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter,
LinkedIn, YouTube, Flicker, and other social media platforms), ensuring uniform content
- Increase the number of followers and likes on WAAW social media accounts
- Posting update of WAAW social media accounts
- Use LinkedIn polls and surveys to build our social media footprint and reputation
- Liaising with staff internally to ensure that WAAW profiles are accurate and up-to date
- Scheduling and coordinating a monthly brainstorming meeting and social media, editorial, marketing and blogging calendar.
- Drive awareness of new blog posts by posting the articles into forums and groups
- Manage WAAW Instagram and Flickr account and post interesting photos
- Upload and manage company blog posts in WordPress
- Repurpose content from other sources for own social media channels (and understand how to change the tone of the content for each channel)
- Track key social media analytics on a monthly basis, including Google Analytics, Bitly, statistics, LinkedIn company stats, etc.
- Track and report website statistics using Google Analytics
- Use Google Reader to follow the blogs and content of our competitors and key clients
- Use WAAW’s HootSuite account to create lists of followers and to schedule tweets so that they are continuously pushed out
- Research on grant funder, partners and donors and maintain database.
- Conducting web research.
- Prepare and edit grants, correspondence, reports, and presentations.
- Track, coordinate and direct the upkeep and maintenance of all WAAW assets.
- Help co-ordinate, direct and ensure optimal outcome for WAAW activities and provide support during special events.
- Primary phone and email coverage for our general inquiry lines: Handle incoming and outgoing phone calls and emails inquiries.
- Help with measurement and evaluation of programs, including reporting and preparation of annual reports.
- Plan and schedule meetings and appointments including travel and guest arrangements.
- Maintains human resources records by recording new hires, transfers, terminations, changes in job classifications and job descriptions.
- Assist with bookkeeping/accounting functions as appropriate.
Minimum of First degree from a well recognized institution. Advanced degree a huge plus
Proven excellent written and oral communication skills.
Keen interest in marketing, communications, social media or reputation management
Familiarity with key social media tools (e.g. Twitter and Facebook)
Committed to the mission and vision of WAAW foundation.
Knowledge of STEM Education and Policies (Secondary or University)
Excellent analytical and organizational skills with strong attention to detail, ability to understand complex ideas and committed to overcoming challenges. Independent thinking able to work remotely.
Excellent written and oral communication skills (including presentations and negotiation) with proven excellent grant writing skills
Self-motivated, extremely pushful, driven, go-getter, optimistic with a lot of initiative and creativity as a persistent problem solver, continually demonstrating poise, tact, diplomacy, and good judgment. Humility and servant-leadership focus
Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive situations and confidential information.
Outgoing personality with strong networking skills, professional mannerisms, appearance, and executive presence.
Proficiency with Google tools and Microsoft Office Suite; Tech savvy and able to develop and manage CRM tools and databases.
Good organizational skills, self-motivated, attention to detail, and the ability to juggle several tasks while meeting deadlines;
Proven experience of working in an events or community fundraising environment
Proven experience of identifying opportunities, planning new activities and managing change
Experience of marketing fundraising activities to supporters through a range of different channels including new media
Experience in working with and motivating volunteers
Experience of building relationships within the team and across the organization’s functions to support the delivery of departmental plans and objectives
Ability to research and make a business case for the introduction of new events with projected income and expenditure
Excellent prioritization and organizational skills and the ability to set up, manage and complete projects within time and cost constraints