The Executive Director of WAAW Foundation is a strong leader who is in charge of the overall day-to-day operations of WAAW Foundation and The AWELE Academy across Africa, reports to the Board of Directors, and is responsible for moving WAAW Foundation and AWELE academy significantly forward, into the next level. The Executive Director will be responsible to chart the organization’s strategic direction and consistently achievem its mission. They will be responsible for meeting financial objectives and effective management of operations, program development and administration.
City/Country: Lagos, Nigeria
Position Type: Full-time exempt employment
- Participate with the Board of Directors in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization, and assures that WAAW has a long-term strategy to achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Provide clear leadership for the WAAW team in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the board.
- Aggressively drives partnerships with various stake holders including funders, corporations, governmental agencies and program participants.
- Responsible for aggressive fund raising to meet organizations budgetary needs and funding targets through organizing fund raising events, grant funding and program activities. Pursue new and existing sources of corporate, institutional and individual funding.
- Oversee the aggressive growth of WAAW foundation in terms of its program offerings and its staff capacity, including to determine staffing requirements for organizational management and program delivery.
- Perform staff hiring, evaluation and firing. Implement performance management process for all staff which includes monitoring staff performance on an on-going basis and conducting an annual performance review.
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the organization’s programs and services to ensure bench mark objectives are met. Develop tools and implement innovative measurement and evaluation strategies.
- Optimize operations performance including documenting processes and procedures to increase efficiency.
- Administer WAAW’s budget, ensuring fiscal responsibility and stability.
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with Board of Advisors and regularly communicate with board.
- Significantly elevate WAAW’s profile as a world class international social enterprise doing impactful work across Africa. Seek out opportunities and project WAAWs image and promote the WAAW brand through engaged representation at international conferences, meetings, education/Women events, tradeshow and media outreach and public events.
- Move WAAW to the next level of impact.
- BSc with a Masters in Social Enterprise, marketing, MBA or other related areas a must.
- Minimum of 3 years prior leadership and management experience as they relate to non-profit/ voluntary organizations.
- Knowledge of and passion for STEM Education and African female empowerment as demonstrated by prior work history.
- Strong ability and passion for fund raising with prior experience in successful fund raising events. Exceptional grant writing ability with proven experience.
- Exceptional long and and short term strategic planning skills with ability to put together road maps with timelines for execution.
- Strong networking capabilities, able to open doors and engage with various stake holders at an executive level. Strong marketing and public relations with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders, including a board of advisers.
- Prior experience leading and managing a cross-functional team to complete projects. Outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills. Ability to critically assess challenges and identify effective solutions.
- Knowledge of operations management, program management, human resources and financial management
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Solid written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRMs, database creation, web research and the Internet.
- Visionary leader with the ability to engage and motivate others on the team towards a common vision.
- High energy, innovative individual with demonstrated passion and commitment to WAAW’s mission, vision and future objectives.
Benefits: Not specified
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
ABOUT WAAW FOUNDATION: WAAW (Working to Advance Science and Technology Education for African Women) Foundation is an international non-profit organization founded in 2007. Headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria with an operational office in Wylie, Texas. The mission of WAAW Foundation is to increase the pipeline of African women entering into Science and Technology fields and ensure they are engaged in Technology Innovation and Entrepreneurship to benefit Africa. Learn more at www.waawfoundation.org | www.aweleacademy.com
How to Apply:
Step 1: Complete our employment application form here.
Step 2: Send (a) a cover letter expressing in detail your interest in the position, your qualifications, and what you hope to contribute to the organization’s future, along with (b) a current resume; and (c) the names and contact information for two professional references. Cover letter and resume should be emailed to email@example.com