WAAW Foundation offers international internships to outstanding College Chapter fellows in partnership with host companies in the United States from 8-12 weeks. The international Internship provides WAAW College Chapter fellows with practical work experience that enhances their personal and professional development. Interns are provided with STEM hands-on experience that impacts their future career and contribute towards key global issues across a variety of fields in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. It is a great way to gain the needed work experience, boost your resume and fulfill your goals, while contributing to key global issues across a variety of fields.
This internship provides WAAW fellows the opportunity to explore real world scenarios and solve practical problems in our society. It is specifically geared towards developing teamwork and leadership skills, our internships do not only give students real-world field experience, but will also equip them with both soft and hard skills, including leadership, intercultural fluency and global citizenship.
Our internship includes:
• Visa invitation letters for exchange program
• All necessary field training and materials.
• Weekly one-on-one staff mentorship sessions
• A professional recommendation on completion of the internship.
• After a successful internship, qualifying candidates may receive the opportunity for ongoing collaboration.
Our internship programs can be in any of these fields.
• Computer science.
• Laboratory Technology
• Global Health.
• Research and Development
• Hands-on Teaching
• Community Development
• Women’s Empowerment
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
WAAW Foundation International internship requires:
• WAAW college female fellows must have done at least 2 years in college
• They must have been active in their Chapters for at least 2 years
• They must possess a high CGPA of at least 3.5 out of 5.0
• They must be between the ages of 18 to 27 years.
• They must commit to returning to their home countries to give back to their communities with the skills gained.
ENGAGEMENT WITH HOST COMPANIES
WAAW Foundation in partnership the Host companies offer international internship opportunities to WAAW College female fellows for 8-12 weeks. The interns gain real-life practical training and orientation, staff mentorship, support materials and the unforgettable life changing experiences.
The Host companies will sponsor the following costs:
• Accommodation and Hosting
• Some travel expense
• Support materials
• Living Stipend.
However, interns must cover the cost of their passport and Visa applications.
The application process requires
• Interested candidates to complete the online application form.
• Applicants are accessed based on their records of active engagement in their STEM chapters and high academic performance.
• Internships in host companies are offered in line with the intern’s course of study.
• Applicants are interviewed for the next stage by both WAAW Foundation and the host company.
• Then successful applicants receive invitation letter and begin the visa application process.